Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson WE ARE CHAOS +VIDEO PREMIERE

beautiful atmosphere...nice bowie vibes there but the chorus lyrics is too cheesy.
    synthetic (spacetime)

Very unexpected tone, especially for a first single, but I liked it a lot and I really enjoyed the video. Although I'm not particularly sure where people are getting the idea that it sounds anything like a Bowie song, because it does not.

But I like the song and I'm happy it's something very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomie View Post
    beautiful atmosphere...nice bowie vibes there but the chorus lyrics is too cheesy.
    In my opinion, the chorus lyrics are one of the better parts. I like the positivity. It’s a nice change.

WE CAN'T BE CURED .I would like it that way more-
    Manson is cheesy you say.And the water is wet. I love chessy stuff and i love cheese lol
    This is grotesque not cheesy
    Last edited by Mephisto; 07-29-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Two listens in.... This is what I have been waiting from Manson for years.... A complete shift!!! he did it with TPE and its one of my favourite albums.... working with Shooter I hoped for more TPE with more country, instead we got Bowie/Eno/MCR/Beatles/etc. and with POSITIVITY... something I have always wanted him to do... How can Manson shock? by being positive... something nobody expects.

The video, the song and concept together equals the greatest single I have heard from Manson in 17 years! (GAOG years were arty!) This is the best I have felt seeing a video in a long time! 2018-2020 have been fantastic - Cry Little Sister, This is the End, Gods Gonna Cut You Down and WE ARE CHAOS.... ALL so different from traditional Manson and I am very happy!

At first I thought I hated it, but it has grown on me. I also like that there is humor in the video. It has the charm of a cheesy Sonic Youth video. I don't like that the music is a little over-produced, but Manson sounds excellent and very sure of himself on this track. It's times like these I wish Twiggy was still around, but I think Shooter will do a nice job with this album as long as all the tracks aren't this over-produced. Singles tend to be that way, so I'm not discouraged about this. Who is ready to whip out their lighters for this slow track at the next show?!

PS DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE "ART STORE COMING SOON" ON THE WEBSITE?!?!? <33333333333333333

Who is the man behind the mask?

Love the part of the video when Manson walks across screen... the gears... the flowers and the standing on the leaf...

Quote Originally Posted by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA View Post
    Who is ready to whip out their lighters for this slow track at the next show?!

PS DID ANYONE ELSE SEE THE "ART STORE COMING SOON" ON THE WEBSITE?!?!? <33333333333333333
    It would certainly make a good closer at a show.
    And I didnít notice the Art store part on his website. Thatís badass.

Wonderful song, and wonderful music video! Great job Marilyn Manson. The audience reaction reminds me a lot when Mechanical Animals premiered. Some will get it, while others won't. Instant classic.

The video reminds be of something from fat-pie.com....that really strange but funny animation vibe. I'm really loving this song.