Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Marilyn Manson WE ARE CHAOS +VIDEO PREMIERE

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

10 years and I've never learned how to multi-quote

I find a lot of the songs from EMDM, THEOL, BV, TPE and HUD enjoyable to listen to. With that said, I think a large gap between albums would have been better for him, not that I, nor anyone else knows what's best for him other than himself, would have been more beneficial to M than putting out albums where he's having an identity crisis, wanting to go back to the beginning, and stripping down his playlists to the greatest hits for the most part. Many bands have had a decade or more gap between releases. Aphex Twin, Portishead, APC, Tool, Black Sabbath, The Who, Pink Floyd, Guns N' Roses etc... And those are just the iconic mainstream bands.

*Side note - Of all the artists I'd love to see him collaborate with, it would be Katiejane Garside (Queenadreena, Daisy Chainsaw, Ruby Throat).

I personally think that whatever it was that he was trying to gain control back over, whether it be who he is or the direction he wanted his music to go in should have been best kept archived in a vault with the exception of TPE.

I won't copy and paste quotes from the many interviews where Manson has been questioned about the Holy Wood novel or Phantasmagoria, but I've never bought into the whole "They were too controversial" or "They were to disturbing for me to continue with" explanations he's given. The thing is that Manson, himself, is not a musician. He's a vocalist, but what literally even made Manson the force he became required the presence of a band in both identity and quality of compositions/live performances. We'll see where WE ARE CHAOS goes.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 08-08-2020 at 05:37 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I really think Manson needs to hire a vocal coach.

Quote Originally Posted by zxz View Post
    I really think Manson needs to hire a vocal coach.
    Nah - *Honestly *I'm actually not being sarcastic
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Marilyn manson is great because he doesn't put out the same album over and over. Bv is his weakest album and even that album is pretty damn fucking good to me. Loved the last 2 albums and this new song is a top 3 single he's ever put out. He's not aftaid to try new things and I love that about him. I've purchased ever album the day of release since 1996 and album releases are always exciting for me. This new one even more than any other.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    In a way it feels like that's what actually happened. It has always felt to me that Marilyn Manson the band ended with TGAOG and Manson's solo career started with EMDM (more obviously personal and introspective lyrics instead of speaking from a perspective of some persona and focusing on more general subjects, no photo shoots with the band, band members, composers and producers changing more often than ever).
    Considering his statement to WAC, it looks like this time he is indeed going to focus more on general subjects rather than personal, introspective.

Someone posted this on reddit

15 more days. I'm going to go with over this coming weekend for a new single.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    Lol

Manson still has it.
    Oh man, that was painful to watch... like a flat-earther video. I just went to say hi to them, in the comments' section. And reported the video for "mischievous content."