Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pick Manson's Next Collaborator

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    I was excited when that ALMOST happened on Mechanical Animals. But then Billy just acted as a consultant / advisor of sorts. He's the one who told Manson about the new sound, "This is definitely the right direction. Go all the way with it. Don't hint at it."

Around the same time though, Pumpkins put out Adore, and Billy cowrote like half the songs on Hole's Celebrity Skin. I guess it didn't pan out because of Billy's busy schedule, but I would have liked to have seen it. Especially during that time period.
    I want Manson to release a record like Adore - dark and synth-heavy.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    THAT actually would be pretty badass. After the 2018 Halloween film, Carpenter proved he's STILL got it as far as creepy atmospheric music goes, creating a mood and ambience. Just check out the track, "The Shape Hunts Allyson". It's universally loved by Halloween fans, and already almost as iconic as the classic original '78 Halloween theme.
    oh yeah I'm aware lol. I quite like Carpenter's music/movies and it was just an idea I've had in my head for a while. Obviously Carpenter's films had a big influence on Manson too so it'd be neat to see.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    1. a) Why not?
    b) Because I believe I would like to hear that collaboration.
    2. About 2 minutes approximately.
    As to your first point? Good point. As to your second point? Good point. As to your third point? C'mon. Give it more thought than that. What do you think of my suggestions? Have you listened to the artists/bands I mentioned much?
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

YOU&ME&THEDEVILMAKES3 Hellflavored's Avatar

I'd love to see Skold return to the fold in some capacity. Even as a bass player. They seem to be on good terms again.

I've got mood poisoning, it must be something that I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellflavored View Post
    I'd love to see Skold return to the fold in some capacity. Even as a bass player. They seem to be on good terms again.
    Maybe I have missed something, but did Skold leave on bad terms?

Btw. nor did Tyler (he posted short video of MM show on his insta few weeks ago stating he is missing playing in the band) or even Twiggy (https://www.rockantenne.de/musik/mus...twiggy-ramirez).

As for next collaborator, I would like to see someone new rather than return of former band/member or collaborator (maybe with exception of TB, but even than I am not sure if the chemistry would still work as it did on TPE). I remember the hype when Twiggy came back in 2008 and we knew what came out..

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDoloresFrank View Post
    Maybe I have missed something, but did Skold leave on bad terms?

Btw. nor did Tyler (he posted short video of MM show on his insta few weeks ago stating he is missing playing in the band) or even Twiggy (https://www.rockantenne.de/musik/mus...twiggy-ramirez).

As for next collaborator, I would like to see someone new rather than return of former band/member or collaborator (maybe with exception of TB, but even than I am not sure if the chemistry would still work as it did on TPE). I remember the hype when Twiggy came back in 2008 and we knew what came out..
    I guess i worded things incorrectly. :) I just meant him being fired back in 2008 seemed like they weren't in constant contact or maybe not on good terms. And on the rest of your statements, i agree totally.

It would have been the simplest thing in the world for Manson to have put Twiggy on bass and kept Skold on guitar, if ego hadn't gotten in the way. That would have been an undeniably dynamic writing team.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    It would have been the simplest thing in the world for Manson to have put Twiggy on bass and kept Skold on guitar, if ego hadn't gotten in the way. That would have been an undeniably dynamic writing team.
    Facts. Just think of how THEOL would have been.

Original AIDS provider.

Probably left of field, and entirely hypothetical, but I'd be interested in seeing what happened if you put Manson and Devin Townsend in a room together to write. While it seems like they're worlds apart in feel and attitude (especially anything Dev has done in the past 10 years), they both have a lot of similarity in the way they work being very focused and concentrated on the project, yet being open to whatever may happen within that. They both also produced very layered, sonicly complex work.

Of course, the downside is Dev is far too involved in his own 5,000 different projects to ever consider having time, and I'm not sure I'd like the end result. It's just be interesting to see the result of a single writing session, rather than hear a whole album.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna