Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "DON'T CHASE THE DEAD" - Official Video/Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Freeston3r View Post
    “An ice cream truck in your inferno”

I find this line really strange (in a good way)

Any guesses on what the context of the line could be for the song?
    It reminds me of a lyric that could have been in Portrait of An American Family.

I Loved we are chaos! Amazing single... this one. I’m not feeling. And that might be a really good thing cause most of the Manson songs I end up loving are those I don’t feel to start with... or can’t really remember very well... it’s just not exciting me much but hopefully that will change.

Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freeston3r View Post
    “An ice cream truck in your inferno”

I find this line really strange (in a good way)

Any guesses on what the context of the line could be for the song?
    Well an inferno is hot and ice cream is delicate. The only thing keeping it from melting would be the ice cream truck. As for the context in the song? idk lol

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cataract777 View Post
    It reminds me of a lyric that could have been in Portrait of An American Family.
    Was thinking the same thing
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

If that scream at the beginning is floating people's boat then it's a nice opportunity for me to remind everyone how fucking BOSS I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell is...

Plus this track is great. Manson's fully channeling his '70s Bowie appreciation here, which is interesting because We Are Chaos' title immediately reminded me of We Are The Dead, and I guess serendipitously, if you chop up the two lead singles (as Bowie did when writing lyrics in the '70s), you actually get... We Are The Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    If that scream at the beginning is floating people's boat then it's a nice opportunity for me to remind everyone how fucking BOSS I Have To Look Up Just To See Hell is...

Plus this track is great. Manson's fully channeling his '70s Bowie appreciation here, which is interesting because We Are Chaos' title immediately reminded me of We Are The Dead, and I guess serendipitously, if you chop up the two lead singles (as Bowie did when writing lyrics in the '70s), you actually get... We Are The Dead.
    Exactly my thoughts. If people like this album then they should go revisit theol because some songs of theol could easily fit on the new album.

Fucking love this song, love where this album seems to be going, can’t wait to listen to it tonight when it’s out and I can digest it all. It continues WAC’s underlying vibe of ‘happy-sounding sounds under morbid dark lyrics’ and I’m digging it hard, to me it feels like Manson is being genuinely experimental and surprising for the first time in a very long time.

One thing I will say is, Manson needs to send a gift basket and apology letter to Ville Valo for publicly taking the piss out of his band. Musically, Don’t Chase the Dead could practically be a HIM song.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    One thing I will say is, Manson needs to send a gift basket and apology letter to Ville Valo for publicly taking the piss out of his band. Musically, Don’t Chase the Dead could practically be a HIM song.
    Mmmhhh... I can't hear it, and I am a HIM fan. Plus, to the best of my knowledge, Ville hates Manson's music; he only like his dressing style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    Mmmhhh... I can't hear it, and I am a HIM fan. Plus, to the best of my knowledge, Ville hates Manson's music; he only like his dressing style.
    I can hear it clear as day, though it’s definitely distinctly Razorblade Romance era. The guitars aren’t as doomy but you listen to the bit right after the chorus and tell me that doesn’t sound like it was taken right off of that album. Maybe it’s just me lol, and I absolutely ain’t complainin.

I’ve got no idea whether Valo hates or likes Manson. The way Manson was a dipshit towards HIM’s poor drummer during whatever that awards show he presented at was, is one of the only moments I’ve seen from the guy where I think “Come on man, you’re better than that.”

It's giving me a hard core The Killing Moon vibe, might even be the same chords, also goes into a similar major chord change in the chorus.
    I instantly like it more than We Are Chaos, very cool atmosphere to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    I can hear it clear as day, though it’s definitely distinctly Razorblade Romance era. The guitars aren’t as doomy but you listen to the bit right after the chorus and tell me that doesn’t sound like it was taken right off of that album. Maybe it’s just me lol, and I absolutely ain’t complainin.

I’ve got no idea whether Valo hates or likes Manson. The way Manson was a dipshit towards HIM’s poor drummer during whatever that awards show he presented at was, is one of the only moments I’ve seen from the guy where I think “Come on man, you’re better than that.”
    Doesn't sound anything like HIM, sorry.