Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: "DON'T CHASE THE DEAD" - Official Video/Audio

  1. #21
    The Overman's Avatar
    Join Date: 04.11.12
    Location: Hell, Illinois
    Posts: 1,161
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    This is the kind of thing Manson should stick with for the rest of his career: poppy goth rock.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

    All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

  2. #22
    Mexicanfiend's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: México City, México.
    Posts: 843
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    I can hear it clear as day, though it’s definitely distinctly Razorblade Romance era. The guitars aren’t as doomy but you listen to the bit right after the chorus and tell me that doesn’t sound like it was taken right off of that album. Maybe it’s just me lol, and I absolutely ain’t complainin.

    I’ve got no idea whether Valo hates or likes Manson. The way Manson was a dipshit towards HIM’s poor drummer during whatever that awards show he presented at was, is one of the only moments I’ve seen from the guy where I think “Come on man, you’re better than that.”
    Well, now you just gave me an excuse to go listen to Razorblade Romance. I should thank you for that.

    I couldn't find the original source of what I affirmed, only this picture: https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/468304061225420663/

    I swear I read it in some magazine, but it was a long time ago.

    And I've never heard of this drummer whole drama. What a pity. Is there a video of it?

  3. #23

    Join Date: 06.22.14
    Posts: 232
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    Well, now you just gave me an excuse to go listen to Razorblade Romance. I should thank you for that.

    I couldn't find the original source of what I affirmed, only this picture: https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/468304061225420663/

    I swear I read it in some magazine, but it was a long time ago.

    And I've never heard of this drummer whole drama. What a pity. Is there a video of it?
    Maybe more Dark Light. In honesty I haven’t listened to much of HIM save for my favourites in yeeeears, I was way more into them in my teens and early 20s so I forget which songs are on what album. Decided to listen to them all evening though, don’t realize why I ever stopped. Initial comment stays though, this single reminds me of HIM massively.

    And it was when he presented an award with Alice Cooper at the 2013 Golden God Awards. There used to be a full proper video of it up but it seems to be gone now. It’s weird, because it was up for years, I remember watching it like 6 months ago.

    I did find another crappier video though. Some context, Manson was plastered as fuck, slurring his words and whatnot. Right before what you see here he went on a long diatribe about how he didn’t grow up but Cooper did along with what he called ‘the mathematics of rocknroll’: “us plus us plus you equals boom”. But this is what I was talking about. I just wanted to give the poor fellow a hug, he’s clearly not used to being centre stage and Manson just bullies.


  4. #24
    Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Posts: 2,912
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    It's lyrically simple but somehow doesn't feel as repetitive as some other songs in recent years so that's a plus.

  5. #25
    YOU&ME&THEDEVILMAKES3 Hellflavored's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: South Dakota
    Posts: 52
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    This is the kind of thing Manson should stick with for the rest of his career: poppy goth rock.
    I agree.

    I find a very mature Manson who is entering a new phase with such raw emotion.

    I've got mood poisoning, it must be something that I hate.

  6. #26
    Mexicanfiend's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: México City, México.
    Posts: 843
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    Maybe more Dark Light. In honesty I haven’t listened to much of HIM save for my favourites in yeeeears, I was way more into them in my teens and early 20s so I forget which songs are on what album. Decided to listen to them all evening though, don’t realize why I ever stopped. Initial comment stays though, this single reminds me of HIM massively.

    And it was when he presented an award with Alice Cooper at the 2013 Golden God Awards. There used to be a full proper video of it up but it seems to be gone now. It’s weird, because it was up for years, I remember watching it like 6 months ago.

    I did find another crappier video though. Some context, Manson was plastered as fuck, slurring his words and whatnot. Right before what you see here he went on a long diatribe about how he didn’t grow up but Cooper did along with what he called ‘the mathematics of rocknroll’: “us plus us plus you equals boom”. But this is what I was talking about. I just wanted to give the poor fellow a hug, he’s clearly not used to being centre stage and Manson just bullies.


    Oh my. Manson on those times could be so embarrasing, with his drunkness/highness out of control, in public. Thanks a lot for the video!!!

  7. #27
    Phenomie's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.28.16
    Location: finland
    Posts: 49
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    yep killing moon...
    synthetic (spacetime)

  8. #28
    flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf
    Join Date: 06.21.09
    Location: Bhopal, India
    Posts: 445
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    This is my favourite track from the album as of now. Absolutely love it and feel like it's one of the most solid Manson tracks ever. There are large parts that make me feel I am listening to a Bowie song which makes it all the more special. <3

  9. #29
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,593
    Rank: Golden Needle

    Default

    I really enjoy a lot of HIM's music, and have been listening to them for over twenty years. However, they were a band who openly borrowed extensively from other people's back catalogues, so any similarity you're hearing between the two is probably Manson sounding more like their sources, rather than HIM specifically. There's New Order, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, The Cure, Bowie, The Creatures, a LOT going on in Don't Chase The Dead, rather than it being a nab off one band.

  10. #30

    Join Date: 07.17.20
    Posts: 42
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    So will there be a video for this song? I never understand the marketingstrategy behind releasing it as an audio stream first and then when everybody is bored of it release the video..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •