Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "DON'T CHASE THE DEAD" - Official Video/Audio

This is the kind of thing Manson should stick with for the rest of his career: poppy goth rock.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    I can hear it clear as day, though it’s definitely distinctly Razorblade Romance era. The guitars aren’t as doomy but you listen to the bit right after the chorus and tell me that doesn’t sound like it was taken right off of that album. Maybe it’s just me lol, and I absolutely ain’t complainin.

I’ve got no idea whether Valo hates or likes Manson. The way Manson was a dipshit towards HIM’s poor drummer during whatever that awards show he presented at was, is one of the only moments I’ve seen from the guy where I think “Come on man, you’re better than that.”
    Well, now you just gave me an excuse to go listen to Razorblade Romance. I should thank you for that.

I couldn't find the original source of what I affirmed, only this picture: https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/468304061225420663/

I swear I read it in some magazine, but it was a long time ago.

And I've never heard of this drummer whole drama. What a pity. Is there a video of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    Well, now you just gave me an excuse to go listen to Razorblade Romance. I should thank you for that.

I couldn't find the original source of what I affirmed, only this picture: https://www.pinterest.cl/pin/468304061225420663/

I swear I read it in some magazine, but it was a long time ago.

And I've never heard of this drummer whole drama. What a pity. Is there a video of it?
    Maybe more Dark Light. In honesty I haven’t listened to much of HIM save for my favourites in yeeeears, I was way more into them in my teens and early 20s so I forget which songs are on what album. Decided to listen to them all evening though, don’t realize why I ever stopped. Initial comment stays though, this single reminds me of HIM massively.

And it was when he presented an award with Alice Cooper at the 2013 Golden God Awards. There used to be a full proper video of it up but it seems to be gone now. It’s weird, because it was up for years, I remember watching it like 6 months ago.

I did find another crappier video though. Some context, Manson was plastered as fuck, slurring his words and whatnot. Right before what you see here he went on a long diatribe about how he didn’t grow up but Cooper did along with what he called ‘the mathematics of rocknroll’: “us plus us plus you equals boom”. But this is what I was talking about. I just wanted to give the poor fellow a hug, he’s clearly not used to being centre stage and Manson just bullies.

Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar

It's lyrically simple but somehow doesn't feel as repetitive as some other songs in recent years so that's a plus.

YOU&ME&THEDEVILMAKES3 Hellflavored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    This is the kind of thing Manson should stick with for the rest of his career: poppy goth rock.
    I agree.

I find a very mature Manson who is entering a new phase with such raw emotion.

I've got mood poisoning, it must be something that I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy View Post
    Maybe more Dark Light. In honesty I haven’t listened to much of HIM save for my favourites in yeeeears, I was way more into them in my teens and early 20s so I forget which songs are on what album. Decided to listen to them all evening though, don’t realize why I ever stopped. Initial comment stays though, this single reminds me of HIM massively.

And it was when he presented an award with Alice Cooper at the 2013 Golden God Awards. There used to be a full proper video of it up but it seems to be gone now. It’s weird, because it was up for years, I remember watching it like 6 months ago.

I did find another crappier video though. Some context, Manson was plastered as fuck, slurring his words and whatnot. Right before what you see here he went on a long diatribe about how he didn’t grow up but Cooper did along with what he called ‘the mathematics of rocknroll’: “us plus us plus you equals boom”. But this is what I was talking about. I just wanted to give the poor fellow a hug, he’s clearly not used to being centre stage and Manson just bullies.

Oh my. Manson on those times could be so embarrasing, with his drunkness/highness out of control, in public. Thanks a lot for the video!!!

yep killing moon...
    synthetic (spacetime)

flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

This is my favourite track from the album as of now. Absolutely love it and feel like it's one of the most solid Manson tracks ever. There are large parts that make me feel I am listening to a Bowie song which makes it all the more special. <3

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I really enjoy a lot of HIM's music, and have been listening to them for over twenty years. However, they were a band who openly borrowed extensively from other people's back catalogues, so any similarity you're hearing between the two is probably Manson sounding more like their sources, rather than HIM specifically. There's New Order, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne, The Cure, Bowie, The Creatures, a LOT going on in Don't Chase The Dead, rather than it being a nab off one band.

So will there be a video for this song? I never understand the marketingstrategy behind releasing it as an audio stream first and then when everybody is bored of it release the video..