Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "DON'T CHASE THE DEAD" - Official Video/Audio

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Default "DON'T CHASE THE DEAD" - Official Video/Audio

Listen to/watch "DON'T CHASE THE DEAD" off of Marilyn Manson's upcoming album, WE ARE CHAOS, out now!

Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar

Oh ya beat me to it. It's an absolutely awesome song. The scream in the beginning is fantastic, the chorus is catchy as hell and I love the lyrics in general. WAC is shaping up to be a great era that's for sure. Guess the music video he talked about will be released on the 11th following his usual pattern of doing things.

He said he played a bit of guitar on this track too, so that's neat. Also since I bitched about it so much on HUD I'm glad the vocals don't completely dominate the music. I'm not much of a music person at all but I always thought the vocals on there were way too friggin loud and the music needed to be brought up more.
    Last edited by mr.svperstar13; 09-09-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Yes, I was quite underwhelmed by 'We are Chaos' and wasn't very excited about the album, but this song is so much better, i'm kinda looking forward to the album now. I'm getting strong 'High End of Low' vibes with a bit of 'Mechanical Animals' thrown in there. It's the synths, they're very Madonna Wayne Gacy sounding ✨

The song is incredible. Easily one of the best songs Manson has put out in quite some time.
    Can’t wait to see the video he’s doing for it.

I’m one of those that loved We Are Chaos and I’m loving this single even more than the last!! This is going to be a top notch album!! Not long to go now. Also please let the music video come out tomorrow with the album!

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

I'm loving the everloving shit out of this song. Feels like Manson meets Type O Negative. Has a "My Girlfriend's Girlfriend" vibe to it. THIS is the kinda shit I've been wanting to hear from Manson!

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I still, in some sick, romanticizing trauma way, assert that EMDM and THEOL are the albums I most identify with, lyrically/moodiness. With that said, from what I've heard, this may take their place.

This song, along with "We Are Chaos", both seem anthemic in a way. This is the old school goth/synth-pop/hard rock. He and Shooter had a lot of fun writing and recording this song.

"So far from the madding crowds.". I think Manson has finally outraced the speed of pain, and I thoroughly enjoy this song. I'm keeping most of what I think and have to say pretty simple in my observations and just enjoying the listening experience as all great music intended to be and only be. Not for having to decode anything obscure or trying to extrapolate any points of reference or themes from not only his catalog, but also those who he has taken inspiration from and woven into albums and persona's he's usually done. It's just great music
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-10-2020 at 04:36 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I thought "We Are Chaos" was fairly awful. This, on the other hand, completely rules.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

DCTD is the perfect second single!

It gives me 80's horror movie vibes. I visually see it as an end credits song, imagine an 80s horror zombie vampire movie and just before the sun rises the hero's always walk away just surviving a night of terror... and this music kicks in. It's got that iconic, long lasting and powerful rock hit about it.

WAC and DCTD are a great direction, it's new and different and still hits back to the elements of MM fans love! Shooter really took him down a different road and retained the best and brought out the best!

Tomorrow will be epic!

“An ice cream truck in your inferno”

I find this line really strange (in a good way)

Any guesses on what the context of the line could be for the song?