Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: WE ARE CHAOS - ALBUM REVIEW

  1. #1
    ImNotJesus's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Sydney, Australia
    Posts: 628
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default WE ARE CHAOS - ALBUM REVIEW

    I'm an occasional freelance writer and had the privilege of being able to get an advance listen of WE ARE CHAOS as a media package.

    Here's my review for VOLUME MEDIA in Australia.

    https://volumemedia.com.au/album-rev...-we-are-chaos/

    I guess also - ask me anything about it?

    - INJ

    TL;DR - it's good. Not without fault but probably his best since Pale Emperor (in my opinion). Also really leans into melody and harmony, and more ballad-esque style than ever before.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

  2. #2

    Join Date: 05.04.12
    Posts: 134
    Rank: Brilliant Slut

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotJesus View Post
    I'm an occasional freelance writer and had the privilege of being able to get an advance listen of WE ARE CHAOS as a media package.

    Here's my review for VOLUME MEDIA in Australia.

    https://volumemedia.com.au/album-rev...-we-are-chaos/

    I guess also - ask me anything about it?

    - INJ

    TL;DR - it's good. Not without fault but probably his best since Pale Emperor (in my opinion). Also really leans into melody and harmony, and more ballad-esque style than ever before.
    thanks! my only comment would be that saying its his best since The Pale Emperor isn't saying much considering there has been only 1 album since then. It just sounds a bit strange. Perhaps saying its amongst his best since Golden Age/Holywood/MA would be a better description for example. Either way, a well balanced review so thanks.

  3. #3
    ImNotJesus's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Sydney, Australia
    Posts: 628
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalarts View Post
    thanks! my only comment would be that saying its his best since The Pale Emperor isn't saying much considering there has been only 1 album since then. It just sounds a bit strange. Perhaps saying its amongst his best since Golden Age/Holywood/MA would be a better description for example. Either way, a well balanced review so thanks.
    Ah yeah that's a good point. Unfortunately I was only contacted by the release folks at 11am this morning and had a deadline of 4pm. So it was a fairly rushed product. Normally I have about 48 hours.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

  4. #4
    Crimes in the Ocean mr.svperstar13's Avatar
    Join Date: 09.15.12
    Posts: 2,914
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Anyone still waiting for Antichrist Superstar 2 should really just listen to all the ripoff bands that spawned because of it. They're wasting their time.

  5. #5
    ImNotJesus's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.20.09
    Location: Sydney, Australia
    Posts: 628
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mok View Post
    Anyone still waiting for Antichrist Superstar 2 should really just listen to all the ripoff bands that spawned because of it. They're wasting their time.
    Agreed.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •