Thread: NME Gives We Are Chaos 5 Star Review

Default NME Gives We Are Chaos 5 Star Review

Marilyn Manson – ‘We Are Chaos’ review: The God Of Fuck’s most diverse and human work to date
    You want a freakshow? Turn on the news. The shock-rocker swaps pantomime for vulnerability on his best album since 2000's era-defining 'Holywood'

https://www.nme.com/reviews/album/ma...-chaos-2749238

It’s so good to see all these positive reviews coming in.

As long as Manson sticks to his post-Born Villain formula - vague, non-socio-political songs in a blues-pop format - he's gping to continue getting four star ratings. If Manson tried to make anything actually relevant - even if indirectly, the way Holy Wood related only indirectly to Columbine - he'd get skewered for it. WAC is great; it's also tame as shit.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

I'm happy about the good reviews coming in, it's a good album. I've found myself kind of singing the songs to myself and going back to listen to it more than I did with HUD upon release. I'd say it probably has the catchiest songs on it since EMDM, and could appeal to a larger audience because of that. I would've liked a couple more heavy songs and a couple more glam songs but personally I don't have any real complaints.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

The NME were flying some particularly shitty flags during the '90s/early-'00s, and very much flirted with flavour-of-the-week artists. There's a lot of good reasons to dislike them as a publication, but I'll admit that over the last ten years, clearly someone on their editorial team really digs Manson, because they've given him a lot of positive press, despite their structure and (ha) target audience being pretty far removed from Manson's key demographic. So fair enough.

YOU&ME&THEDEVILMAKES3 Hellflavored's Avatar

The following NME ratings I could find:

WE ARE CHAOS - 5 out of 5 stars
    Heaven Upside Down - 3 out of 5 stars
    The Pale Emperor - 3 out of 5 stars
    Born Villain - 3 out of 5 stars
    The High End of Low - 1.5 out of 5 stars

I think its a well deserved 5 star rating from them but as you can see they haven't been particularly favorable of him over the past 5 albums.

I've got mood poisoning, it must be something that I hate.