Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: We Are Chaos Album Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA View Post
    I can't figure it out either, but it may just be that it is a kind of common-sounding progression. Not sure.

PS- What is ETS? A Manson forum I don't know about?
    ETS is Echoing the Sound. It's the Nine Inch Nails forum.

We Are Chaos Review

Ok so now that its been out a little while and the dust has sort of settled I can give my thoughts on the new album. First off this album has been played everyday since it’s release and I’m still loving it more with each listen. Maybe I’m still on the hype train but it may be placed within my top 3 MM albums. I’m so pleased that the album turned out to be amazing after being a little concerned about Manson and Shooter team up. I wasn’t the biggest fan or the Bowie cover they did or “The End” cover either. But this album sounds nothing like those covers and stands on its own two feet. Some were completely disappointed with the single We Are Chaos but it was an instant hit with me (and a great lock down birthday treat) and the whole album follows suit. Banger after banger for me. Excellent instrumentals and interesting lyrics. I’m really hoping that Shooter sticks around for another album.

Red Black And Blue (8.5/10)

We Are Chaos (9/10)

Don’t Chase The Dead (10/10)

Paint Your With My Love (10/10)

Half Way and One Step Forward (9.5 /10)

Infinite Darkness ( 8.5/10)

Perfume (8 / 10)

Keep My Head Together (9/10)

Solve Coagula (10/10)

Broken Needle (10/10)

I wanted to give some time to digest before I gave my thoughts on the album, and now it's been a few weeks. Well first of all, the lead single/title track just didn't do it for me, it gave me My Chemical Romance vibes or maybe something from that last A Perfect Circle album, not that i thought it was bad, just very...'normie' sounding by Mansons standards, especially for a lead single, it felt more like the last track on an album. When 'Don't Chase the Dead' was released, I loved it, got me a bit of hope for the album, strong Mechanical Animals vibes with the Pogo-esque synths, and it was of a high quality recording too. As for the album whole. Well I've noticed it's receiving high praise from everyone, fans and casuals alike, a lot of my friends even are loving it saying it's his best work since Holy Wood. Me...I just don't see the hype, it's probably going to end up being my least favourite album of his when the dust settles. Now don't get me wrong, I think it's a quality recording, but when I think of his 'lesser albums' like 'High End of Low' and 'Born Villain' I think they're clearly worse, but they also were a little fun, and each have a few memorable moments. 'We are Chaos' to me doesn't have any. In a few years time I can't imagine any of the songs will be still talked about.
    On the positive side, well I'm a die hard fan since 1996, this album is going to be my album of the year when it ends, so in no way do I dislike it, I think he did good by making it 10 tracks, as there's no filler, I don't think there is a bad song on it at all.

Now as another poster earlier alluded to; often when a Manson album comes out its showered in praise, and you usually hear the saying often 'best thing since Holywood!'. When 'Born Villain' came out there was a similar hype, people were praising it as Manson returning to his best, and it wasn't till years later when i noticed a lot of criticism for it, the same for 'Heaven Upside Down' I've only noticed criticism for it just recently. I'm wondering if the same will be felt with this one in say 2 years time?

As for standout tracks. 'Don't Chase the Dead' is pretty brilliant. The whole 80's feel, it feels like a 'High End of Low' sounding song, but if it had been recorded by the Mechanical Animals era band. "Paint you with my Love' is my second favourite. A romantic song that feels like warm summer air at dusk in the wilderness, then the outro comes and it transforms itself into Mechanical Animals era, which someone else mentioned feels like it was heavily inspired by 'Speed of Pain'. 'Halfway and One Step Forward' also a standout, brilliant piano work, and it feels like the more mature Manson we should have got instead of the 'going backwards' 'Heaven Upside Down' Manson. 'Red Black and Blue' is okay, it does feel very reminiscent of "Born Villain', like the talking verse in 'Overneath the Path of Misery' or the track 'The Gardener', but again of a higher quality than those 2 songs as it feels like it's recorded by much better musicians and with much more care. The 2nd half of the album is where it kinda slips away for me, the last 5 songs are the one's that are least memorable. I'm kinda hoping over time they'll grow on me and then maybe my opinion on the album will change

But final verdict, a solid album, but just lacking in anything that will be memorable or go down as a classic Manson moment.

The album is okay. I don't like the songs We Are Chaos, Red, Black and Blue and Perfume. Paint You With My Love is only a bit alright, as well. All of the rest, I love. The album is better than Heaven Upside Down though, I'll easily give Manson that much.

I gotta say this seems to be the most mixed album among fans. Shame some aren’t feeling it but glad I’m one of the ones that enjoy it. Not to down play on those who don’t feel it. All thoughts welcome. But seriously broken needle doesn’t give you goose pumps on the climax?? Weird.

Here's my review:

I almost had to laugh when I first heard Marilyn Manson was going to release an album entitled "We Are Chaos" in 2020. It just seemed too fitting. The rocker has often branded himself as a mirror to society, and what better year to provide said reflection than 2020? The COVID pandemic; another case of police brutality on seemingly a weekly basis; protests and riots nationwide due to said cases of abuse of power; tornadoes in Iowa; hurricanes in the Southeast, wildfires out West; white-supremacist militias taking to the streets; the "President" of the United States threatening to overturn the Constitution; etc. So, with all this going on, what did the shock-rocker have in store for us?

I'll start by providing a grade and summary of all the songs on the album, and then give a fuller analysis.

1. "Red Black and Blue" (8/10): Manson kicks things off by speaking, with a haunting horror soundtrack-type of sound emanating from the background, giving us a glimpse of things to come. A catchy bass groove comes immediately as Manson stops talking. When the chorus hits, the heaviness goes from 5 to 11, as Manson provides his best sing-scream since "Antichrist Superstar." Speaking of which, the licks in the chorus remind me of the 1996 album, but with a contemporary twist. A great start to the album.

2. "We Are Chaos" (7.75/10): With this second track, we get an immediate change-up, as Manson goes from a modern-day "Antichrist Superstar" to David Bowie. The shifts within the first two songs actually provide a rather accurate representation of the album as a whole. Whether it was intentional or not, from a sonic perspective, the record seems to be divided into two halves: Marilyn and Manson. This song starts with an acoustic guitar and a creepy, yet positive vibe. The song almost comes across as the "Heal the World" for 2020, as the chorus is, "We are sick, f*cked up, and complicated. We are chaos, and can't be cured." No, I'm not entirely sure how he turned that into a positive sound, but he somehow made it work.

3. "Don't Chase the Dead" (9/10): Here Manson goes new wave, with a catchy, almost Cure-esque vibe. It was at this point I started noticing a particular theme in the concept of this album, which I'll explain more in-depth later - as Manson sings, "Don't chase the dead or they'll end up chasing you." This is one of those songs, for me at least, which came across as appealing at first, but has continually gotten better with successive listens.

4. "Paint You With My Love" (9.75/10): Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Marilyn Manson impersonating Radiohead. The song starts off in a love ballad-type fashion, with an acoustic, piano, and arguably Manson's best singing since "Mechanical Animals." Then things suddenly go dark, in an almost "Daily Mail" kind of manner, as Manson screams, "It's not a life sentence, but a death dream for you." A very different kind of song for Manson - experimental, fresh, and impacting. Great tune.

5. "Half-Way and One Step Forward" (8.75/10): Manson goes from a new "Antichrist Superstar" to Bowie to the Cure to Radiohead to...? Coldplay, because why not? This song basically just features Manson singing, drums, and piano. The piano part is pretty much the same keys in a loop throughout the song, with varying degrees of volume and intensity. It may sound repetitive and boring when reading that, but it's incredibly catchy and improves with every listen. Upon first listen, it was one of my two least favorite songs on the album. Now it's ranked in the top half.

6. "Infinite Darkness" (8.25/10): While the first half of the album tended to present a lighter, more upbeat, and "Marilyn" sound, this song immediately starts side B with an incredibly gothic, "Manson" touch. It starts with a sound similar to the inferior "Pale Emperor" tune, "Birds of Hell Awaiting," before the bridge provides the feel like you're in danger, and then Manson shouts in the chorus, "You're dead longer than you're alive." Incredibly dark-sounding song. If there were ever another "Resident Evil" movie, I'd expect to see this song in the end credits.

7. "Perfume" (9.75/10): Ella Fitzgerald meets "Rocky Horror Picture Show." I'm serious. The song starts with Fitzgerald-like lyrics, "Get behind me! Get behind me! Get behind me, Satan!," before Manson creepily sings in the chorus, "If you conjure the devil, you better make sure you've got a bed for him to sleep in." This is an incredibly catchy song - arguably the catchiest on the album. When comparing it to the rest of Manson's catalogue, I'd say it's a hybrid of "Mechanical Animals" and "The Pale Emperor." Warning: if you listen to this song even just once, there's roughly a 666% chance of it getting stuck in your head. As such, you may not want to listen to it just before going to church, for the pastor may not appreciate you singing, "Get behind me, Satan!," but I digress.

8. "Keep My Head Together" (8.5/10): Sonically, it comes across like a hybrid of '80s punk and '80s new wave. Lyrically stout, as Manson sings in the chorus, "Don't try to change someone else. You'll just end up changing yourself." At least the first time through, it's probably best to listen to this song with headphones, as you'll otherwise miss some of the background sounds/details which make it distinct. It closes with probably the best guitar solo on the record and then Manson changing up his voice in a similar fashion as he did at the close of "Speed of Pain" off "Mechanical Animals."

9. "Solve Coagula" (7.25/10): To me, this sounds like a mix of a modern-day pop ballad and Peter Frampton. It's probably my least favorite song on the album, but is still solid, which just goes to show how strong this album is overall. Again, great lyrically, as Manson sings, "I'm not special. I'm just broken and I don't wanna be fixed. No one else I wanna be like, so I stayed the same like nobody else."

10. "Broken Needle" (10/10): One of the strongest songs in the entire Manson catalogue. It ranks right up there with "Coma White," and my personal favorite, "Saturnalia." Powerful. Passionate. The perfect close to the album. Vocally, I'm not sure Manson's ever sounded better, singing, "Are you alright? Because I'm not okay. All of these lies are not worth fighting for. I am a needle digging your grooves. Scratch you up and then I'll put you away." Yes, there's a double-meaning with those last two lines, which is rather commonplace on this (and his other) album(s). Manson closes the song with goosebump-inducing cries of "I'll never ever play you again."

Overall: 87.0% (87/100): Masterpiece

Conclusion/Analysis: Marilyn Manson's 1998 album, "Mechanical Animals," was a modern-day masterpiece I never thought he'd top. "Holy Wood" in 2000 was another gem, but a starkly weaker back half of the album held it back from contending with the aforementioned 1998 record as the best of the Marilyn Manson catalogue. He released two incredibly strong albums with 2015's "The Pale Emperor" and 2017's "Heaven Upside Down," respectively, but once again, they fell short of "Mechanical Animals." With "We Are Chaos" - 8 albums and 22 years later - I think he's finally managed to outdo himself. Not only is it the best album of his career and now one of my all-time favorites overall, it's come at the perfect time. There isn't a weak track on the record. Every song presents a unique sound, as the descriptions should allude, yet even with the extreme contrast in sounds from one song to the next, they feed off one another with seeming ease, presenting a complex, beautiful work of art in the process - a masterpiece.

In interviews, Manson has said the album is like a series of mirrors and the concept/story should be different for everyone - adding that every time he listens to it, it provides a different experience. After listening to the album roughly ten times through, I think I now know what he was talking about. "We Are Chaos" is like a therapy session. It's more psychological than Freud playing the inkblot version of the card game Memory. Throughout the record, he points to the fact that nobody is perfect; that we're all screwed up in one form or another, and that's perfectly alright. He builds on this to suggest, after accepting oneself, flaws and all, we must make the most out of this life, because nobody can know with certitude what will happen once we take our final breaths. In "We Are Chaos," he sings, "Maybe I'm just a mystery. I can be your misery. Maybe I'm just a mystery." The pronoun here, to me, is referring to life and perspective. Do we embrace the unpredictability of life and find silver-linings in hardships or do we obsess over and fear it, and allow these negative feelings to control us? As he begins and ends with "mystery" (as opposed to "misery"), given the "primacy" and "recency" effects, it's my belief this wording is suppose to have a positive tilt to it. In "Don't Chase the Dead," he sings, "Don't chase the dead or they'll end up chasing you," which translates to me as don't chase the past, or the past will take over your present and future. He then shouts "You're dead longer than you're alive" in "Infinite Darkness," suggesting, "You don't know how long you're going to be here and don't know what happens when this life passes you by, so make every moment you're blessed with count." Toward the close of "Perfume," Manson sings, "Am I superman or superstitious?" I think this is another way of saying, "Are you going to control your life or allow something/someone else to control it - namely God?," or to put it another way, "Do you believe in free-will or predestination?" On the next tune - "Keep My Head Together" - Manson sings, "Don't try to change someone else. You'll just end up changing yourself." Again, this seems to advise listeners to accept themselves and others, baggage and all, as often times, when we attempt to change another, it's simply to deny our own faults - perhaps projecting our own weaknesses onto them. This very denial and projection can in turn provide one with an illusory view of themselves and wind up changing themselves as a result. In "Solve Coagula," Manson sings, "I'm not special. I'm just broken and I don't wanna be fixed. No one else I wanna be like, so I stayed the same like nobody else." At this point, it feels to me as though the person in the story has finally come to terms with who they are. As they look into a mirror, they accept what they see and are ready to move forward. In "Broken Needle," he sings, "Are you alright? Because I'm not okay. All of these lies are not worth fighting for. I am a needle digging your grooves. I'll scratch you up and then put you away. ... I'll never ever play you again." This is the final step, as once a person has accepted themselves, they need to accurately present themselves to others (no more lies), take the risk of being vulnerable, and when this results in you getting hurt (scratched up and put away), to not go back (never play you again), to pick up, and march ahead - for the same painful track of one's life will continue to persist until we remove the needle from the record. Yes, as if 2020 couldn't get any more surreal, shock-rocker Marilyn Manson has released a therapeutic self-help-type album to aid us in the craziness that is today. Unlike what he suggests with his final words on the album, however, I will be playing this record over and over again.

I just want to thank Manson and Shooter for writing my favorite album since 1998.

I have seen so much love for this album. And it's very well deserved. I don't know how if you're a Manson fan you can dislike this album. I just did a poll asking what album people like more... this or PALE empror. After 100+ votes We are chaos has almost doubled Pale Emperor in votes. I made that same post right after release and Pale Emperor had more votes. This album is perfection and might be my favorite. This album actually grows on you even if you liked it from the start. Not a bad song and I love the lead single.

Quote Originally Posted by BornAgainVillain View Post
    Here's my review:

I almost had to laugh when I first heard Marilyn Manson was going to release an album entitled "We Are Chaos" in 2020. It just seemed too fitting. The rocker has often branded himself as a mirror to society, and what better year to provide said reflection than 2020? The COVID pandemic; another case of police brutality on seemingly a weekly basis; protests and riots nationwide due to said cases of abuse of power; tornadoes in Iowa; hurricanes in the Southeast, wildfires out West; white-supremacist militias taking to the streets; the "President" of the United States threatening to overturn the Constitution; etc. So, with all this going on, what did the shock-rocker have in store for us?

I'll start by providing a grade and summary of all the songs on the album, and then give a fuller analysis.

1. "Red Black and Blue" (8/10): Manson kicks things off by speaking, with a haunting horror soundtrack-type of sound emanating from the background, giving us a glimpse of things to come. A catchy bass groove comes immediately as Manson stops talking. When the chorus hits, the heaviness goes from 5 to 11, as Manson provides his best sing-scream since "Antichrist Superstar." Speaking of which, the licks in the chorus remind me of the 1996 album, but with a contemporary twist. A great start to the album.

2. "We Are Chaos" (7.75/10): With this second track, we get an immediate change-up, as Manson goes from a modern-day "Antichrist Superstar" to David Bowie. The shifts within the first two songs actually provide a rather accurate representation of the album as a whole. Whether it was intentional or not, from a sonic perspective, the record seems to be divided into two halves: Marilyn and Manson. This song starts with an acoustic guitar and a creepy, yet positive vibe. The song almost comes across as the "Heal the World" for 2020, as the chorus is, "We are sick, f*cked up, and complicated. We are chaos, and can't be cured." No, I'm not entirely sure how he turned that into a positive sound, but he somehow made it work.

3. "Don't Chase the Dead" (9/10): Here Manson goes new wave, with a catchy, almost Cure-esque vibe. It was at this point I started noticing a particular theme in the concept of this album, which I'll explain more in-depth later - as Manson sings, "Don't chase the dead or they'll end up chasing you." This is one of those songs, for me at least, which came across as appealing at first, but has continually gotten better with successive listens.

4. "Paint You With My Love" (9.75/10): Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Marilyn Manson impersonating Radiohead. The song starts off in a love ballad-type fashion, with an acoustic, piano, and arguably Manson's best singing since "Mechanical Animals." Then things suddenly go dark, in an almost "Daily Mail" kind of manner, as Manson screams, "It's not a life sentence, but a death dream for you." A very different kind of song for Manson - experimental, fresh, and impacting. Great tune.

5. "Half-Way and One Step Forward" (8.75/10): Manson goes from a new "Antichrist Superstar" to Bowie to the Cure to Radiohead to...? Coldplay, because why not? This song basically just features Manson singing, drums, and piano. The piano part is pretty much the same keys in a loop throughout the song, with varying degrees of volume and intensity. It may sound repetitive and boring when reading that, but it's incredibly catchy and improves with every listen. Upon first listen, it was one of my two least favorite songs on the album. Now it's ranked in the top half.

6. "Infinite Darkness" (8.25/10): While the first half of the album tended to present a lighter, more upbeat, and "Marilyn" sound, this song immediately starts side B with an incredibly gothic, "Manson" touch. It starts with a sound similar to the inferior "Pale Emperor" tune, "Birds of Hell Awaiting," before the bridge provides the feel like you're in danger, and then Manson shouts in the chorus, "You're dead longer than you're alive." Incredibly dark-sounding song. If there were ever another "Resident Evil" movie, I'd expect to see this song in the end credits.

7. "Perfume" (9.75/10): Ella Fitzgerald meets "Rocky Horror Picture Show." I'm serious. The song starts with Fitzgerald-like lyrics, "Get behind me! Get behind me! Get behind me, Satan!," before Manson creepily sings in the chorus, "If you conjure the devil, you better make sure you've got a bed for him to sleep in." This is an incredibly catchy song - arguably the catchiest on the album. When comparing it to the rest of Manson's catalogue, I'd say it's a hybrid of "Mechanical Animals" and "The Pale Emperor." Warning: if you listen to this song even just once, there's roughly a 666% chance of it getting stuck in your head. As such, you may not want to listen to it just before going to church, for the pastor may not appreciate you singing, "Get behind me, Satan!," but I digress.

8. "Keep My Head Together" (8.5/10): Sonically, it comes across like a hybrid of '80s punk and '80s new wave. Lyrically stout, as Manson sings in the chorus, "Don't try to change someone else. You'll just end up changing yourself." At least the first time through, it's probably best to listen to this song with headphones, as you'll otherwise miss some of the background sounds/details which make it distinct. It closes with probably the best guitar solo on the record and then Manson changing up his voice in a similar fashion as he did at the close of "Speed of Pain" off "Mechanical Animals."

9. "Solve Coagula" (7.25/10): To me, this sounds like a mix of a modern-day pop ballad and Peter Frampton. It's probably my least favorite song on the album, but is still solid, which just goes to show how strong this album is overall. Again, great lyrically, as Manson sings, "I'm not special. I'm just broken and I don't wanna be fixed. No one else I wanna be like, so I stayed the same like nobody else."

10. "Broken Needle" (10/10): One of the strongest songs in the entire Manson catalogue. It ranks right up there with "Coma White," and my personal favorite, "Saturnalia." Powerful. Passionate. The perfect close to the album. Vocally, I'm not sure Manson's ever sounded better, singing, "Are you alright? Because I'm not okay. All of these lies are not worth fighting for. I am a needle digging your grooves. Scratch you up and then I'll put you away." Yes, there's a double-meaning with those last two lines, which is rather commonplace on this (and his other) album(s). Manson closes the song with goosebump-inducing cries of "I'll never ever play you again."

Overall: 87.0% (87/100): Masterpiece

Conclusion/Analysis: Marilyn Manson's 1998 album, "Mechanical Animals," was a modern-day masterpiece I never thought he'd top. "Holy Wood" in 2000 was another gem, but a starkly weaker back half of the album held it back from contending with the aforementioned 1998 record as the best of the Marilyn Manson catalogue. He released two incredibly strong albums with 2015's "The Pale Emperor" and 2017's "Heaven Upside Down," respectively, but once again, they fell short of "Mechanical Animals." With "We Are Chaos" - 8 albums and 22 years later - I think he's finally managed to outdo himself. Not only is it the best album of his career and now one of my all-time favorites overall, it's come at the perfect time. There isn't a weak track on the record. Every song presents a unique sound, as the descriptions should allude, yet even with the extreme contrast in sounds from one song to the next, they feed off one another with seeming ease, presenting a complex, beautiful work of art in the process - a masterpiece.

In interviews, Manson has said the album is like a series of mirrors and the concept/story should be different for everyone - adding that every time he listens to it, it provides a different experience. After listening to the album roughly ten times through, I think I now know what he was talking about. "We Are Chaos" is like a therapy session. It's more psychological than Freud playing the inkblot version of the card game Memory. Throughout the record, he points to the fact that nobody is perfect; that we're all screwed up in one form or another, and that's perfectly alright. He builds on this to suggest, after accepting oneself, flaws and all, we must make the most out of this life, because nobody can know with certitude what will happen once we take our final breaths. In "We Are Chaos," he sings, "Maybe I'm just a mystery. I can be your misery. Maybe I'm just a mystery." The pronoun here, to me, is referring to life and perspective. Do we embrace the unpredictability of life and find silver-linings in hardships or do we obsess over and fear it, and allow these negative feelings to control us? As he begins and ends with "mystery" (as opposed to "misery"), given the "primacy" and "recency" effects, it's my belief this wording is suppose to have a positive tilt to it. In "Don't Chase the Dead," he sings, "Don't chase the dead or they'll end up chasing you," which translates to me as don't chase the past, or the past will take over your present and future. He then shouts "You're dead longer than you're alive" in "Infinite Darkness," suggesting, "You don't know how long you're going to be here and don't know what happens when this life passes you by, so make every moment you're blessed with count." Toward the close of "Perfume," Manson sings, "Am I superman or superstitious?" I think this is another way of saying, "Are you going to control your life or allow something/someone else to control it - namely God?," or to put it another way, "Do you believe in free-will or predestination?" On the next tune - "Keep My Head Together" - Manson sings, "Don't try to change someone else. You'll just end up changing yourself." Again, this seems to advise listeners to accept themselves and others, baggage and all, as often times, when we attempt to change another, it's simply to deny our own faults - perhaps projecting our own weaknesses onto them. This very denial and projection can in turn provide one with an illusory view of themselves and wind up changing themselves as a result. In "Solve Coagula," Manson sings, "I'm not special. I'm just broken and I don't wanna be fixed. No one else I wanna be like, so I stayed the same like nobody else." At this point, it feels to me as though the person in the story has finally come to terms with who they are. As they look into a mirror, they accept what they see and are ready to move forward. In "Broken Needle," he sings, "Are you alright? Because I'm not okay. All of these lies are not worth fighting for. I am a needle digging your grooves. I'll scratch you up and then put you away. ... I'll never ever play you again." This is the final step, as once a person has accepted themselves, they need to accurately present themselves to others (no more lies), take the risk of being vulnerable, and when this results in you getting hurt (scratched up and put away), to not go back (never play you again), to pick up, and march ahead - for the same painful track of one's life will continue to persist until we remove the needle from the record. Yes, as if 2020 couldn't get any more surreal, shock-rocker Marilyn Manson has released a therapeutic self-help-type album to aid us in the craziness that is today. Unlike what he suggests with his final words on the album, however, I will be playing this record over and over again.
    Nah not really. We are chaos is definitely amongst Manson's late career best albums but it still pales in comparison to mechanical animals. There are a few moment on this album that he almost reaches that level but it is no match to be honest. I do enjoy this album much more than pale emperor or hud though. If the production of this had been a bit cleaner then it would've challenged mechanical animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj81 View Post
    Nah not really. We are chaos is definitely amongst Manson's late career best albums but it still pales in comparison to mechanical animals. There are a few moment on this album that he almost reaches that level but it is no match to be honest. I do enjoy this album much more than pale emperor or hud though. If the production of this had been a bit cleaner then it would've challenged mechanical animals.
    I think We are chaos is a stronger album from track 1 to the last track. Mechanical Animals might be my favorite album ever. It has likes 7 of his best songs and personal favorites. But best 7 tracks are wayy better than the weaker 7. We are chaos .... every single song is killer. The weakest song on We are chaos is now maybe my favorite. User friendly will never be my favorite song on Mechanical Animals.