Thread: TPE, HUD and WAC the 2nd triptych?

Default TPE, HUD and WAC the 2nd triptych?

after listening to all three tonight, really feelin like they complete / complement each other in such similar (yet also kinda jarring) ways.
    Tyler Bates produced the first two to sound like films, which they do, in similar bluesy ways, tho HUD definitely has a more proto-punk villain thing going on.
    WAC, with Shooter, feels like a beautiful reflection on those two records, a moody, bluesy Americana comedown. All three are pretty great records, a renaissance of sorts.

I feel like they share enough in common that a story could be woven from the three, though not one as obvious/explicit as the original triptych.

Interested if others agree, or see a narrative across the 3 records.

Even without a narrative, I feel like they belong together.

BLUE BLUE ELECTRIC BLUE

There was talk about this with EMDM-THEOL-BV also, which I didn't particularly agree with.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Original AIDS provider.

I mean, it's a triptych in as much as it's 3 albums that represent the story of Manson's life over the period they were created. You could say the same about any albums. It's not something intentionally crafted to be so with recurring musical motifs, symbolism and characters.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

I dunno. Bees appear on both HUD ("Blood Honey", "Heaven Upside Down") and WAC ("Red, Black & Blue"). Seems to be the only linking thread, though.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overman View Post
    I dunno. Bees appear on both HUD ("Blood Honey", "Heaven Upside Down") and WAC ("Red, Black & Blue"). Seems to be the only linking thread, though.
    True, but they're a long running motif through Manson's work, going at least as far back as 2000 in the Disposable Teens video, and some association with Diamonds and Pollen as well. Seems more like just part of his work than something specific to any given collection of works.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna